The Chief Minister of the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, Jayalalithaa Jayaram, has died at the age of 68. Also known as Amma (mother), she suffered a cardiac arrest on 4 December. She had been ailing in hospital since September. Jayalalithaa was a controversial figure with a string of corruption scandals throughout her political career. She served as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister three times.
Dec 6, 2016
One-year-old Marwa was put into a coma by doctors who were trying to save her life after she suffered from a virus infection that was attacking her whole body. After showing no signs of improvement the doctors recommended Marwa to be taken off life support but her parents refused. Luckily a judge granted them another two months to see if the little girl would recover and on 22 November Marwa awoke from the coma.
Dec 3, 2016
- Anil Ambani's RCom in limbo as deal with Mukesh's Jio snaps; court cases drag on
- Major restructuring at Uber: India operation integrated with Europe
- Bankruptcy proceedings threat complicates matters for lenders' Jet Airways rescue efforts
- Pawan Hans follows Air India into divestment turbulence as election intervenes
- Week of F&O expiry, Lok Sabha elections expected to keep the markets choppy