Japanese carmaker Nissan has revealed plans to secure 7,000 jobs in Britain, after confirming it will build its new Qashqai model at its Sunderland plant. Prime Minister Theresa May called the decision a very important commitment but did not specifically comment on any sweeteners or deals the government has made with Nissan. Late in September, group chief executive Carlos Ghosn warned that the company would need compensation for any tax barriers that might follow in the wake of the UK leaving the European Union.
Oct 27, 2016
Journalist Alastair Campbell and former boxer Frank Bruno both tell of their struggles in a new Channel 5 documentary Me and My Mental Illness being broadcast on Tuesday 1 November at 10pm. It looks at different mental health problems as sufferers speak directly and frankly about their experiences.
Oct 27, 2016
- With 1,300 jobs on offer, India remains Amazon's jobs hot spot
- Etihad Airways to invest in debt-laden Jet Airways at discounted Rs 150 per share
- Yes Bank shares rise 5% on reports that Deutsche Bank India head leads CEO race
- Cheer for Vodafone Idea employees; salaries to be raised first time after 2017
- SBI-led consortium eyes debt-equity deal as Jet Airways rescue talks enter final stage