The Bank of Enlgands new Â£5 note has been announced, which for the first time in British history is made out of polymer. The switch to the longer-lasting notes will save roughly Â£100 million as the notes are waterproof, crinkle proof and tear resistant. The old Â£5 bill, which carries a picture of social reformer Elizabeth Fry, will remain in circulation until next year but it will cease to be legal tender on 5 May 2017
Sep 14, 2016
Britains biggest buy-to-let investor Fergus Wilson has claimed the age of the amateur landlord is over. If that is indeed the case, here are some other ways you can invest in the UK housing market.
Sep 12, 2016
- Pakistani troops' barbarism at border: BSF jawan found with slit throat, eyes gouged out
- Manchester City players best in the world? Assistant coach Mikel Arteta believes so
- Congress leaders meet CAG seeking a probe into Rafale deal
- Babul Supriyo threatens to break man's legs and 'hand him a crutch' at event for differently-abled
- India's market boom is coming to an end, Goldman Sachs warns
- Bengaluru pips Singapore as top destination for tech companies, startups in Asia
- Mega bank merger infuses job loss fears
- Facebook gets sued for hiding job ads from women
- Asian business confidence at worst level in 3 years as 'upturn in world economy ends'