Maboe, 43, and her son Motsamai, 6, are HIV positive. They now receive regular treatment close to home through the Vodafone Foundations mobile treatment programme in Lesotho. The programme combines Vodafone’s M-Pesa mobile money service with travelling clinics and a smartphone app which enables the tracking of patients in remote areas. The Vodafone Foundations travelling clinics use a fleet of 4 x 4 vehicles to provide on-site HIV testing in remote areas as part of a wider effort to provide basic primary healthcare.
Dec 1, 2016
Vodafone Foundation helps save mothers’ and children’s lives in one of the world’s worst HIV hotspots
Domestic car sales: Maruti Suzuki, Toyota Kirloskar Motor volumes rise in November; Mahindra reports sharp fall
There has been a dramatic rise in the number of victims falling prey to criminal gangs who dupe individuals into persuading them to perform sexual acts online, that are then filmed and used as a form of blackmail. Police say they have been alarmed by the rise in so-called sextortion, where the victim is forced to hand over money in in order to keep the material private, particularly due to the number of suicides linked to the crime. Those most vulnerable to sextortion are younger people and the elderly, police say, and they are urging the public to be vigilant.
Nov 30, 2016
This extremely rare discovery suggests the community was overwhelmed by the Black Death.
Nov 30, 2016
1 hour ago
- Is anyone a 'bibliobibuli' especially these days? Shashi Tharoor asks on Twitter
- Delhi police release images of 2 suspected JeM terrorists; national capital on high alert
- US national killed in Andaman Islands for illegally entering Sentinelese tribe area
- Stan Lee's POW! Entertainment responds to Bill Maher's 'disgusting' comments on author's death
- For Indian unicorn Oyo Hotels, the biggest market now is China
- BREAKING: Nissan Chairman Carlos Ghosn arrested for under-reporting income
- Crypto bloodbath: Tale of IMF support that turned a deadly trap
- History of a feud: Tatas want to fly Jet, but without the captain for a reason
- SBI internet banking ban from Dec 1: How to check if your account is registered with mobile number