Scientists have for the first time shown the specific mutations that make smoking cause cancer. By analysing the genomes of 5,243 tumours, an international team of researchers identified mutations associated with tobacco smoke , cancers showed signature characteristics if the tissue involved had been exposed to smoke.
Nov 3, 2016
Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank Of England, announced that it expects inflation to hit 2.75% by the end of 2018, as well as food, energy and clothes prices rising even faster with wages not keeping up. For now interest rates remain the same but post-Brexit growth will be faster this year than the Bank previously predicted.
Nov 3, 2016
- Modicare: Over 1,000 patients avail benefits of world's largest healthcare scheme within 24 hours
- North India rains: Himachal Pradesh receives 665% more downpour than usual
- Supreme Court verdict: Parliament to decide if netas facing criminal trials can contest elections
- Luka Modric wins Best FIFA Men's Player of the Year; Brazil's Marta wins the women's award
- Heavy job cuts in telecom sectors; Reliance Jio comes to rescue
- Flipkart may get new CEO to replace Binny Bansal; Kalyan Krishnamurthy frontrunner
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- Boeing to invest Rs 1,152 cr to build electronics, avionics facility in Bengaluru
- Swiss drugmaker Novartis to cut 1,000 jobs - Reuters