Cristiano Ronaldo was honoured by his home of Funchal, in Madeira, on 29 March, when the island’s international airport was renamed in his honour. The Real Madrid star spoke at a ceremony at the airport attended by fans and officials, including Portugal’s president and prime minister.A bronze bust of Ronaldo was also unveiled at the ceremony. Its unusual appearance attracted plenty of comment in the media and online.
Mar 29, 2017
Jose Mourinho wants to raid North London for this England international in the summer transfer window
See how Indian MPs are kicking off Mission XI Million initiative to spread football to all parts of the country [VIDEOS]
FIFA South American World Cup qualifiers results: Argentina crash to Bolivia without Messi as Brazil qualify
Series won but 'friends lost': Virat Kohli needs to grow up; why did he take Australia's mind game so seriously?
1 day ago
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Virat Kohli over 'no sledging' comment
- The Virat Kohli factor: Numbers reveal domination of Indian captain against Australia
- Australia vs India: Aussies just can't stop Rohit Sharma, says Glenn Maxwell
- Australia vs India: Virat Kohli attacked by fans on Twitter again; here's why
- Novak Djokovic vs Kevin Anderson semi-final live stream: When and where to watch ATP Finals 2018 tennis