Congress calls Parrikar 'national embarrassment' after minister credits 'RSS teachings' for surgical strikes
Morning brief: Parrikar gives RSS credit for surgical strikes, Iraqi Army pushes back Isis in Mosul, AirAsia bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and more
As part of the Iraqi governments offensive on Mosul, Iraqi Kurdish military forces have started to clear several villages held by Islamic State. Some 30,000 Iraqi government forces, Kurdish Peshmerga militia and Sunni tribal fighters are expected to take part in the offence to drive up to 8,000 Islamic State militants out of Mosul. If Mosul falls, Raqqa in Syria will be Islamic States last city stronghold.
Oct 17, 2016
- HAL Tejas vs Pakistan-China's JF-17: Will India's LCA emerge as the favourite for Malaysia deal?
- Andhra candidates declare crores of assets while filing for nomination ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha elections
- India's defence manufacturing get big boost as Chile shows interest to buy BrahMos missile
- Imran Khan asks Pakistanis to pray that cash-strapped nation discovers oil reserves in ongoing drilling
- Fallstreak hole or real UFO? Amazing shape spotted in UAE skies sparks extraterrestrial debate