Morning brief: PM Modi celebrates Diwali with soldiers, South Korean president under pressure to resign, India beat Pakistan and more
A Chinese man risked his life to save a child from the third floor. Liang Lei saw the two-year-old boy dangling out of a window with his head stuck between security bars.Liang climbed up without any safety equipment. He held on to the boy until someone inside pulled him back through the window.
Oct 30, 2016
Thousands of South Koreans called for the resignation of President Park Geun-hye during protests in Seoul. She is accused of letting a friend intervene in state affairs.Long-time confidante Choi Soon-sil is said to have been involved in editing Park’s speeches and the appointment of ministers.Park has publicly apologised. Her approval rating has fallen to 17 percent, the lowest since she took office in 2013.
Oct 30, 2016
- Nearly 200 killed, 560 injured as explosions hit Sri Lankan churches and hotels on Easter Sunday
- Was Sri Lanka alerted about suicide attacks by Islamist group National Thowheeth Jama'ath?
- Mukesh Ambani endorses Milind Deora for Mumbai South Lok Sabha constituency
- Sri Lankan announces nationwide curfew after 8 explosions on Easter Sunday; 7 arrested
- Nibiru appeared in the sky? Amateur astronomer spots edge of a giant planet next to moon