Uri aftermath: Salman Khan says Pakistani artistes are not terrorists, have visas and legal permission to enter India
Evening wrap: Indian soldier rescue efforts, Coolpad Note 5 launch, MS Dhoni: The Untold Story review and more
Shimon Peres funeral: Barack Obama, Prince Charles, Angela Merkel and others pay respect to late Israeli leader
On 29 September India evacuated thousands of people within six miles of the de facto border with Pakistan as a precautionary measure after surgical strikes. The strikes were the first direct military response to an attack on an army base, and raised the possibility of military escalation between the neighbours that could wreck the 2003 Kashmir ceasefire. Kashmir has been divided between India and Pakistan since 1947. India said on 28 September it would boycott a regional summit hosted by Pakistan in November.
Sep 30, 2016
Princess Charlotte and Prince George attended a party for military families on the sixth day of the familys Canada tour. Princess Charlotte gave her walking and talking debut; saying pop whilst playing with some balloons with her brother.
Sep 30, 2016
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities
- Kumaraswamy govt in Karnataka faces no threat from BJP, assures HD Deve Gowda
- Kolkata puppies' murder: Why hasn't animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi been more vocal?
- AAP legislator quits due to 'double standards', 'autocratic functioning'
- Nurse held for sexually assaulting 3 patients in Guwahati cancer hospital