Violence has erupted in many Brazilian cities after protests against planned austerity measures sparked outrage. Masked protesters torched buses and clashed with police.President Michel Temer wants to implement austerity measures to fight the countrys financial crisis. These include cuts to pensions and extending the retirement age. Labour unions called the first general strike in 20 years as a reaction to the cuts.
Apr 29, 2017
Do not politicise Triple Talaq issue: PM Modi urges Muslim community on the occasion of Basava Jayanti
North Korea fails in another missile launch: Trump says Pyongyang 'disrespected' China and its leadership
The beating of Rodney King sparked the infamous 1992 LA Riots that lasted six days, left 55 people dead and another 2,000 injured. Over $1 billion worth of property was also damaged.
Apr 29, 2017
Time to go back to drawing board. We owe that to voters and volunteers: Arvind Kejriwal on Twitter after MCD debacle
Manish Sisodia claims 'someone' hacked his Twitter account and is retweeting 'anti-Anna Hazare messages'
After security guard, Jayalalithaa's former driver Kanakaraj found dead in Tamil Nadu's Salem district
Special judge Om Prakash Mishra suspended for granting bail to rape accused SP leader Gayatri Prajapati
Stone pelting in Jammu and Kashmir needs to stop for peace talks to take place: SC to Centre, protesters
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities
- Kolkata puppies' murder: Why hasn't animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi been more vocal?
- Kumaraswamy govt in Karnataka faces no threat from BJP, assures HD Deve Gowda
- Arun Jaitley suffering from rare cancer, say multiple media reports
- AAP legislator quits due to 'double standards', 'autocratic functioning'