For the women, by the women: Manju Warrier campaigns for Kerala Police Pink Patrol initiative [VIDEO]
Gloria Steinem, writer and feminist activist explains the significance of the day without women protest. She explains, It is an opportunity to call attention to how crucial womens labour is. Whether its at home or whether its in the paid labour force, what women do is often less visible than what men do. Steinem also discusses global health and the impact of the reinstated abortion gag rule. She explains, In this country it would be illegal because its a restriction on free speech. We are imposing on people in other countries something which in the past has resulted in the death of a woman every five minutes. That is our shame here.
Mar 10, 2017
Manipur election results: Irom Sharmila to quit politics after getting only 90 votes; what next for her?
International human rights lawyer Amal Clooney and Nadia Murad, a Yazidi victim of Isis, spoke at a United Nations event calling for Iraq to launch an investigation into war crimes committed by Isis. Clooney demanded for the UN to take action should Iraq fail to ask for help.
Mar 10, 2017
As many American women prepare to draw attention to their role in the workplace, a Wall Street firm on Tuesday (7 March) put up a statue of a girl in front of Lower Manhattans well-known bronze charging bull, as if to fearlessly stare it down.Placing the diminutive, grade school-aged girl in front of the massive bull on the eve of International Womens Day was a way of calling attention to the lack of gender diversity on corporate boards and the pay gap of women working in financial services, a spokeswoman for State Street Global Advisors said.
Mar 9, 2017
Following on the Women’s March, which saw several million people across the U.S. protest the day after the inauguration of President Donald Trump in January, women across the U.S. and around the world are striking for the day. Sabrina Stein is one of the many women who took the day off from work. Women are being encouraged to skip work, whether it’s a 9-to-5 job or childcare and domestic responsibilities and wear red to show solidarity.
Mar 9, 2017
Child marriage is rife in Mozambique, with 48% of girls married off before they turn 18.
Mar 8, 2017
Recent incidents of grave digging of albinos highlight how more needs to be done to tackle violence.
Feb 25, 2017
2 hours ago
- Casting couch: Sri Reddy explains how actors, directors lure girls into bed in exchange of better roles
- England legend predicts the outcome of upcoming India Test series
- What's in that hug? Rahul Gandhi in one fell swoop of an embrace with Narendra Modi in Parliament
- Ramkumar Ramanathan vs Tim Smyczek: Hall of Fame Open 2018 semi-final live stream & start time
- US offers India top of the line MQ-9 Reaper armed drones
- Modi-government no-confidence motion LIVE: BJP to move privilege motion against Rahul for 'lying,' 'misleading' house
- Newly-wed wife thrashes husband for having extra-marital affair [VIDEO]
- Hyderabad cab driver arrested for putting up rider's number on toilet wall, victim says she received lewd texts
- TDP seeks Arvind Kejriwal's support ahead of no-confidence motion against Modi govt