As many American women prepare to draw attention to their role in the workplace, a Wall Street firm on Tuesday (7 March) put up a statue of a girl in front of Lower Manhattans well-known bronze charging bull, as if to fearlessly stare it down.Placing the diminutive, grade school-aged girl in front of the massive bull on the eve of International Womens Day was a way of calling attention to the lack of gender diversity on corporate boards and the pay gap of women working in financial services, a spokeswoman for State Street Global Advisors said.
Mar 9, 2017
Following on the Women’s March, which saw several million people across the U.S. protest the day after the inauguration of President Donald Trump in January, women across the U.S. and around the world are striking for the day. Sabrina Stein is one of the many women who took the day off from work. Women are being encouraged to skip work, whether it’s a 9-to-5 job or childcare and domestic responsibilities and wear red to show solidarity.
Mar 9, 2017
Child marriage is rife in Mozambique, with 48% of girls married off before they turn 18.
Mar 8, 2017
Recent incidents of grave digging of albinos highlight how more needs to be done to tackle violence.
Feb 25, 2017
This Kerala priest's video talk on girls wearing jeans and t-shirt goes viral for wrong reason; netizens rave about it
Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas: PM Modi should focus on protecting Indians in US, not on banal rhetoric
- Researcher urges people to prepare for earthquake measuring 8M on Richter scale
- Ram Gopal Varma mocks Pakistan PM Imran Khan over his 3 marriages
- Don't miss: Twitter went nuts after India snubs Pakistan handshake offer at Kulbhushan Jadhav hearing [VIDEO]
- BJP will announce alliance in Tamil Nadu soon, says Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Indian-origin couple found dead with gunshot wounds in Texas apartment