Women dressed as bloodied and bandaged brides protested in front of the Lebanese government headquarters on 6 December. They were calling for the abolition of a law that allows rapists to marry their victims in order to escape sentencing, known as Article 522. The protest is part of large national campaign to raise awareness of the article, as it is currently being discussed by a parliamentary legislative committee.
Dec 7, 2016
Maboe, 43, and her son Motsamai, 6, are HIV positive. They now receive regular treatment close to home through the Vodafone Foundations mobile treatment programme in Lesotho. The programme combines Vodafone’s M-Pesa mobile money service with travelling clinics and a smartphone app which enables the tracking of patients in remote areas. The Vodafone Foundations travelling clinics use a fleet of 4 x 4 vehicles to provide on-site HIV testing in remote areas as part of a wider effort to provide basic primary healthcare.
Dec 1, 2016
Vodafone Foundation helps save mothers’ and children’s lives in one of the world’s worst HIV hotspots
Hundreds of protesters gathered in Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles in solidarity with North Dakota’s Standing Rock Sioux tribe, who would be impacted by the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota.
Nov 24, 2016
Hundreds of protesters show solidarity In LA and Chicago against Dakota Access Pipeline construction
Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and their supporters are protesting the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota. The group says the pipeline is disrupting their cultural sites, including burial grounds, and poses a threat to the water supply. The protesters have been met with private security forces and riot police throughout the protests, which have been going on for months. Police used water cannon on protesters during freezing conditions at a demonstration near the path of the Dakota Access Pipeline late on Sunday, 20 November into Monday, 21 November One protester was also hit with a rubber bullet.
Nov 24, 2016
Boy rescued from ISIS details how terror group ran unit of child soldiers called Cubs of the Caliphate
19 hours ago
- Karnataka: Woman thrashes bank manager for demanding sexual favours for loan [Video]
- Watch BSP MP Rakesh Pandey's son brandish a gun outside Hyatt hotel in Delhi [Video]
- #MeToo: Union Minister MJ Akbar to have 6 lawyers and not 97, confirms law firm
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Govt wants Telangana to return Rs 190 cr after it fails to meet PM's housing targets
- Crashed UFO? Google Earth uncovers partially damaged triangular structure in Nevada desert
- Jamal Khashoggi was beheaded and cut into pieces alive after gruesome 7-minute torture
- US airman who claimed to have seen alien evidence on moon dies in horrific bike accident
- Congress running sponsored 'Modi Hatao' campaign in Pakistan: BJP
- #MeToo: I was stripped at 7, gang-raped at 12, tasted my own blood performing oral sex, reveals Harish Iyer