French police have started to evict migrants form the makeshift camp know as the Calais Jungle. Up to 10,000 migrants have settled at the camp with the hopes of entering the UK, as many of the people there have travelled from crisis-ravaged countries like Syria, Afghanistan and Eritrea.
Oct 24, 2016
Protests against the alleged religious oppression of Tibetan monks and nuns took place internationally on 19 October. Activists claim that monasteries are being destroyed and the people living there forcibly evicted.
Oct 20, 2016
Karnataka: Citizens mull legal action over steel flyover after Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ignores protest
SC to re-examine if Hinduism is a way of life or just a religion; and if it is fair to be used to seek votes
As part of the Iraqi governments offensive on Mosul, Iraqi Kurdish military forces have started to clear several villages held by Islamic State. Some 30,000 Iraqi government forces, Kurdish Peshmerga militia and Sunni tribal fighters are expected to take part in the offence to drive up to 8,000 Islamic State militants out of Mosul. If Mosul falls, Raqqa in Syria will be Islamic States last city stronghold.
Oct 17, 2016
Anti-trafficking legislation to be presented in Parliament during winter session, says Maneka Gandhi
Venkaiah Naidu tells AIMPLB to debate about triple talaq, UCC instead of dragging Modi into the issue
Calais refugee children urge Britain and France not to forget them as Jungle demolition looms.
Oct 12, 2016
- WATCH | Panther enters shopping mall, causes panic among people
- Researcher urges people to prepare for earthquake measuring 8M on Richter scale
- Indian-origin couple found dead with gunshot wounds in Texas apartment
- WATCH | Pulwama martyr Major VS Dhoundiyal's wife says I love you for one last time
- BJP will announce alliance in Tamil Nadu soon, says Ravi Shankar Prasad