Boris Johnson, speaking in Parliament on 11 October, states that Russia is the clear culprit for the air strikes on an aid convoy in Syria that killed 20 people on 19 September. Johnson said that if Russia continues on its current path it is in danger of becoming a pariah nation.
Oct 12, 2016
Between 2014 and 2015 at least 400 people in India were attacked with acid, with news coverage of such incidents becoming almost a daily occurrence. The Make Love Not Scars organisation aims to help acid attack victims by providing skills and rehabilitation so that they can reintegrate back into society. They have even helped one victim achieve her dream of walking down a runway at New York Fashion Week.
Oct 7, 2016
Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the world, was battered by Hurricane Matthew, the strongest storm over the Atlantic since 2007. Matthew made landfall in Haiti on 4 October. The countrys death toll is over 1,000. To compound the impact of the disaster, Cholera has broken out – a bacterial disease spread by contaminated water.
Oct 10, 2016
- Kerala police officer set ablaze by male colleague, dies; accused taken into custody
- Kolkata magician attempts Houdini-like trick, drowns in Hooghly river
- WATCH | Gramin Sewa driver attacks policemen with sword after road rage incident in Delhi
- Imran Khan snubs world leaders at SCO Summit, breaks diplomatic protocol [VIDEO]
- Woman names husband, in-laws in POCSO case over son's sexual assault in Mumbai