Silicon Valley, automation and universal basic income; what to do to stay one step ahead of the robots?
Allahabad High Court rules triple talaq as 'unconstitutional,' says it violates rights of Muslim women
Women dressed as bloodied and bandaged brides protested in front of the Lebanese government headquarters on 6 December. They were calling for the abolition of a law that allows rapists to marry their victims in order to escape sentencing, known as Article 522. The protest is part of large national campaign to raise awareness of the article, as it is currently being discussed by a parliamentary legislative committee.
Dec 7, 2016
Maboe, 43, and her son Motsamai, 6, are HIV positive. They now receive regular treatment close to home through the Vodafone Foundations mobile treatment programme in Lesotho. The programme combines Vodafone’s M-Pesa mobile money service with travelling clinics and a smartphone app which enables the tracking of patients in remote areas. The Vodafone Foundations travelling clinics use a fleet of 4 x 4 vehicles to provide on-site HIV testing in remote areas as part of a wider effort to provide basic primary healthcare.
Dec 1, 2016
Vodafone Foundation helps save mothers’ and children’s lives in one of the world’s worst HIV hotspots
Hundreds of protesters gathered in Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles in solidarity with North Dakota’s Standing Rock Sioux tribe, who would be impacted by the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota.
Nov 24, 2016
Hundreds of protesters show solidarity In LA and Chicago against Dakota Access Pipeline construction
- Narendra Modi Birthday: These pictures will proof that 'Modi ji' is Bollywood's favourite Prime Minister
- Jaya Bachchan slams Ravi Kishan for defaming Bollywood, says 'Don't Bite Hand That Feeds You'
- From Bole Chudiyan to Kamli: Bollywood song recreations by this Indonesian dancer are on point| Watch
- Breaking: 9 Al-Qaeda terrorists arrested in multiple raids by NIA in Kerala, Bengal
- Good girls go to bed early: Former SC Judge Katju called 'new creep in town' over sexist comment
- India-Japan relations have progressed, FDI inflows spiked: Jaishankar
- Ex-IPS officers disapprove Julio Ribeiro's stand on Delhi riots; support Delhi Police
- Atheist Armin Navabi creates sexy Hindu Goddess design; faces wrath