The last British resident to be held at the US prison camp in Guantanamo Bay described some of the interrogation techniques he was subjected to at the Bagram air base in Afghanistan, in an interview with ITV News on 13 December. Shaker Aamer, a Saudi national married to a Briton, was suspected by US authorities of being an Islamist militant associated with al Qaeda but was never charged with any crime. He was released in October after 13 years detention at Guantanamo and has since returned to Britain.
Dec 15, 2015
The last British resident to be held at the US prison camp in Guantanamo Bay has told media that British security officers witnessed him being tortured by American soldiers at Bagram air base in Afghanistan.
Dec 14, 2015
Dozens of members of the Oromo community have protested outside of parliament against the Ethiopian governments plan to expand Addis Ababa
Dec 10, 2015
President Barack Obama joined Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill on 9 December, to mark the 150th anniversary of the 13th amendment which ended slavery.
Dec 10, 2015
- Holi 2019: Wishes, messages and images to send to your loved ones during the festival of colours
- Two dead as under-construction building collapses in Karnataka's Dharwad
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Pune bus garage in Shindewadi
- Researcher claims he found UFO on moon's Waterman crater, seeks Elon Musk's attention
- BJP announces seat-sharing for Lok Sabha elections in Bihar; will join hands with JD(U) and LJP