The last British resident to be held at the US prison camp in Guantanamo Bay described some of the interrogation techniques he was subjected to at the Bagram air base in Afghanistan, in an interview with ITV News on 13 December. Shaker Aamer, a Saudi national married to a Briton, was suspected by US authorities of being an Islamist militant associated with al Qaeda but was never charged with any crime. He was released in October after 13 years detention at Guantanamo and has since returned to Britain.
Dec 15, 2015
The last British resident to be held at the US prison camp in Guantanamo Bay has told media that British security officers witnessed him being tortured by American soldiers at Bagram air base in Afghanistan.
Dec 14, 2015
Dozens of members of the Oromo community have protested outside of parliament against the Ethiopian governments plan to expand Addis Ababa
Dec 10, 2015
23 hours ago
- India vs West Indies: Shimron Hetmeyer scores hundred to hand hosts a tough chase
- End of 'Good Times'? Embattled tycoon Vijay Mallya might lose swanky London mansion
- Delhi sees a dramatic dip in murders and thefts; police claim a 20-75% drop in crime rate
- Uttar Pradesh: Monkeys stone man to death; victim's family files FIR against them
- Who is Noor Inayat Khan? Indian-origin spy and World War II hero may feature on £50 note
- Uttar Pradesh on high alert for Zika virus; AAI to monitor passengers showing symptoms
- India's stinging reply to Imran Khan's Kashmir tweet: Stop 'glorifying terrorists'
- Are India's super-rich and teeming tribe of millionaires paying all their taxes?
- BJP tickets for MS Dhoni, Gautam Gambhir? India cricketers may contest 2019 elections - Report