Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and their supporters are protesting the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota. The group says the pipeline is disrupting their cultural sites, including burial grounds, and poses a threat to the water supply. The protesters have been met with private security forces and riot police throughout the protests, which have been going on for months. Police used water cannon on protesters during freezing conditions at a demonstration near the path of the Dakota Access Pipeline late on Sunday, 20 November into Monday, 21 November One protester was also hit with a rubber bullet.
Nov 24, 2016
Boy rescued from ISIS details how terror group ran unit of child soldiers called Cubs of the Caliphate
Public complain about Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes being scrapped; will the Govt listen to the voices of common people?
IBTimes UK meets David Coltart, Zimbabwes former Education Minister, who spoke of fears his country may plunge into chaos due to economic uncertainty, drought and the countrys ageing president Robert Mugabe.
Nov 10, 2016
IBTimes UK met protesters denouncing police brutality and corruption in poverty-stricken nation.
Nov 4, 2016
- Narendra Modi Birthday: These pictures will proof that 'Modi ji' is Bollywood's favourite Prime Minister
- Jaya Bachchan slams Ravi Kishan for defaming Bollywood, says 'Don't Bite Hand That Feeds You'
- From Bole Chudiyan to Kamli: Bollywood song recreations by this Indonesian dancer are on point| Watch
- Breaking: 9 Al-Qaeda terrorists arrested in multiple raids by NIA in Kerala, Bengal
- Good girls go to bed early: Former SC Judge Katju called 'new creep in town' over sexist comment
- India-Japan relations have progressed, FDI inflows spiked: Jaishankar
- Ex-IPS officers disapprove Julio Ribeiro's stand on Delhi riots; support Delhi Police
- Atheist Armin Navabi creates sexy Hindu Goddess design; faces wrath