After the ban on WhatsApp has been lifted in Saudi Arabia, we take a look a six other surprising things that are banned in the country which follows a strict sharia law.
Sep 21, 2017
Besides ongoing row over the central government's plans to deport Rohingya Muslims, another refugee crisis is boiling in the border state of Arunachal Pradesh.
Sep 19, 2017
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte attacked the chairman of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR), Chito Gascon, asking if he was a paedophile for investigating cases of young teenagers and amp;#39; murders in the government and amp;#39;s bloody war on drugs. Why is this guy so pre...suffocated with the issue of young people, especially boys? Are you a paedophile? Duterte asked, referring to Gascon. Why are you smitten with teenagers? Are you? I and amp;#39;m having my doubts. Are you gay or a pedophile? he added, according to Reuters.Duterte and amp;#39;s comments came days after the Philippines congress allied with Duterte voted to slash the annual budget of the CHR to just $20.
Sep 17, 2017
Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh are scrambling for food and water. Nearly 400,000 Rohingya Muslims arrived from western Myanmar since Aug. 25. They are fleeing a Myanmar government offensive against insurgents. The UN called Myanmars actions ethnic cleansing. The recent wave of refugees sparked a humanitarian crisis in both Myanmar and Bangladesh.
Sep 16, 2017
"India has been home to refugees for centuries. It has continued to receive a large number of refugees from different countries" states NHRC.
Sep 16, 2017
India faced several formidable challenges to its unity and survival as one country, but, it still remains the world's largest democracy, as an invincible nation.
Sep 15, 2017
The UNHRC had said that 3,70,000 Rohingyas have fled violence-affected Myanmar's Rakhine state and sought refuge in Bangladesh.
Sep 14, 2017
The Philippines House of Representatives has voted to slash the budget of a government agency investigating President Rodrigo Dutertes war on drugs. The budget of the Commission on Human Rights was cut from $38m to $20, but the new proposal still requires approval by the Philippines Senate.
Sep 13, 2017
270,000 Rohingya have fled from Myanmar to neighboring Bangladesh in the past two weeks. The ethnic minority is fleeing violence in Myanmars Rakhine State. Resources of aid agencies and communities in Bangladesh are strained. Villagers said they were told to feed the refugees and send them on to camps. Bangladesh is already caring for hundreds of thousands of Rohingya who previously fled discrimination in Myanmar.
Sep 9, 2017
Recent weeks have seen over 120,000 Rohingya people leave Myanmar for Bangladesh due to violence against them in the country. In the past, they have been described as one of the most persecuted peoples on Earth.
Sep 6, 2017
According to reports, the residential building near JJ Junction on Pakmodia Street in Bhendi Bazaar area was undergoing some redevelopment work.
Aug 31, 2017
17 hours ago
- Karnataka: Woman thrashes bank manager for demanding sexual favours for loan [Video]
- Watch BSP MP Rakesh Pandey's son brandish a gun outside Hyatt hotel in Delhi [Video]
- #MeToo: Union Minister MJ Akbar to have 6 lawyers and not 97, confirms law firm
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Govt wants Telangana to return Rs 190 cr after it fails to meet PM's housing targets
- Crashed UFO? Google Earth uncovers partially damaged triangular structure in Nevada desert
- Jamal Khashoggi was beheaded and cut into pieces alive after gruesome 7-minute torture
- US airman who claimed to have seen alien evidence on moon dies in horrific bike accident
- Tata Group may throw ailing Jet Airways a lifeline as debt-laden airlines flies into trouble
- #MeToo: I was stripped at 7, gang-raped at 12, tasted my own blood performing oral sex, reveals Harish Iyer