The unfurling of a rainbow flag at the show by Lebanese rock band Mashrou and amp;#39; Leila - whose singer is openly gay - on 23 September sparked a harsh anti-LGBT crackdown in Egypt. Seven attendees who allegdly held a rainbow flag at the concert were later arrested by authorities who claimed they were promoting sexual deviancy.
Nov 2, 2017
A video by Refugee Action Collective Victoria shows refugees and asylum seekers performing a peaceful protest in the Australian run detention center in Manus Island, Papau New Guinea. The detainees are worried about leaving the controversial detention center that is closing on Tuesday 31, Oct. In the video a spokesperson claims they are vulnerable to attacks from the locals, the unnamed man also explains they are unarmed and refusing to leave.
Oct 31, 2017
A Florida teen and amp;#39;s tweet about her sexual orientation transformation from freshman year of college to senior year inspired many other LGBT teens to come out and share their own stories.
Oct 26, 2017
Hundreds of thousands of people marched in the streets of Barcelona on Oct. 21, calling for Catalonia independence. The Spanish government is imposing direct rule in the region, something Catalonian President Carles Puigdemont called the worst attack on the institutions and people of Catalonia since the decrees of the military dictator Francisco Franco.
Oct 22, 2017
Simon Ingram, from the United Nations Childrens Fund (UNICEF), warned that the Rohingya refugee crisis is not going to be short term. Around 600,000 people have fled Myanmar for neighbouring Bangladesh in recent months, with around 340,000 of them estimated to be children.
Oct 20, 2017
Malala Yousafzai, the youngest Nobel Prize laureate, is currently a student at the Oxford University.
Oct 18, 2017
Is this Malala Yousafzai in western attire? Trolls begin moral policing, say she resembles Mia Khalifa
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte lashed out at the European Union on 12 October after some of its lawmakers warned Manila it could lose its UN membership over his war on drugs. The firebrand leader has also ordered all the EU diplomats to leave his country within 24 hours over their criticism of his bloody campaign.
Oct 13, 2017
- Rafale deal row: Modi govt 'insulted, hurt and destroyed' future of HAL, says Rahul Gandhi
- ICC keen on curbing players' participation in T20 leagues to keep bilateral series alive
- Sovereign gold bonds fixed at Rs 3146 per gram; all you need to know
- Meerut: Over 100 Dalit families barred from installing Goddess Kali idol; threaten to convert to Islam
- #MeToo: I was stripped at 7, gang-raped at 12, tasted my own blood performing oral sex, reveals Harish Iyer
- Red glowing fire spotted in North Carolina sparks Nibiru apocalypse fear
- 'You don't look Hindu,' Vadodara scientist was told before being thrown out of garba venue in US
- Who is D Shankaran? Founder of Shankar IAS Academy commits suicide in Chennai
- MNC executive gangraped by colleagues in Delhi; 2 arrested