All of us who have tried to cook have made mistakes at the start. Here are a few common mistakes that you should avoid:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VentunoKitchenTips?fref=ts
Twitter - https://twitter.com/kitchentips1
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoKitchenTips
A Ventuno Production http://www.ventunotech.com
Sep 22, 2014
All purpose flour - 1 cup
A pinch of Salt
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Coconut oil - 1 tsp
A little Water
Jaggery - 1 cup
Grated fresh Coconut - 1 cup
A few Cardamom pods
1. In a wide bowl add All purpose flour, salt, turmeric powder and water gradually while knead it. Once dough is ready, add coconut oil, gently rub into the dough, its gonna make it little more softer and smoother, just knead it little. Keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Grind the grated fresh coconut without adding water.
3. For the filling: take a little water in a pot, and add jaggery to it and let it melt. After it melts, strain the jaggery syrup to remove impurities.
4. Add the coconut to the strained jaggery syrup. Pound some fresh cardamom and add it. Cook it till all the moisture evaporates and it reaches a thick consistency. Let it cool.
5. Take a little dough Flatten it, place some coconut filling in the center and seal it all sides. Flatten a little bit.
6. Dust enough all purpose flour, flatten it the Coconut puran poli, roll it gently, you can roll it in to medium thickness.
7. Heat a tawa and roast the coconut puran poli using ghee. The Coconut puran poli is ready to serve with ghee.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www
Sep 19, 2014
Ridge Gourd skin chutney
Skin of 2 Ridge Gourd
Oil - 2 tsp
Green chilli - 3
Tomato - 2
A piece of Tamarind
Garlic - 2 cloves
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Carrot - 1 finely chopped
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli - 2
A pinch of Asafoetida powder
A few Curry leaves
1. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan. Add ridge gourd skin to it. Add green chillies, tomato, a little tamarind and salt.
2. Mix it well, cover it with a lid and let it cook for a few minutes.
3. After it cooked, let the mixture cool. Add 2 cloves of garlic, cumin seeds, salt and grind it coarsely using a little water.
4. To this chutney, add chopped onions, finely chopped carrots, chopped coriander leaves & mix it.
5. For tempering: In a pan with hot oil, add Urad dal, Mustard seeds, Red chillies, Asofoetida powder and Curry leaves. Turn off the stove and add the chutney to it.
6. Ridge Gourd skin chutney is ready the best way to have it with steamed rice.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Sep 16, 2014
- WATCH | Throwback: Shah Rukh Khan loses his cool, yells at Chandan Prabhakar on Kapil's show
- Bigil box office collection: Vijay's film unlikely to find place in top 5 grossing-films in Chennai
- Huawei Watch GT 2 price in India starts at Rs 14,990: Top features, offers, availability
- As US military completes pullback from Syria, Pentagon denies sending troops to Mideast
- All you need to know about the engineer who found Vikram lander debris in NASA images
- Scientists unveil real reason behind the extinction of Neanderthal
- As sea engulfs coastline, Indonesians pay high price to shield homes
- Vaping leaves e-cigarette user with rare lung scarring: Study
- One-third of lung cancer patients have depression: Study