New Delhi, Jan 9 (ANI) : Adding one cup of blueberries to your daily diet could help reduce blood pressure and arterial stiffness, both of which are linked to cardiovascular disease.Regular consumption of blueberries could potentially delay the progression of prehypertension to hypertension, therefore reducing cardiovascular disease risk.The findings suggest that the addition of a single food, blueberries, to the diet may mitigate the negative cardiovascular effects.The study also found that addition of blueberries in diet, increased the levels of nitric oxide, a blood biomarker known to be involved in the widening of blood vessels which is very important because arterial stiffness and the narrowing of blood vessels are both part of hypertension and this rise in nitric oxide helps in reduction of blood pressure.
Jan 9, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 7 (ANI): A new study has revealed that people with type 1 diabetes who intensively control their blood glucose soon after diagnosis are likely to live longer than those who do not. According to a study, there is 33 percent reduction in deaths over the past several decades among participants who had early, good control of their blood glucose.Early control of blood glucose greatly reduces any risk for early mortality in people with type 1 diabetes, usually diagnosed in children and young adults and these results also remove any lingering concern that intensive therapy may lead to increased mortality.
Jan 7, 2015
Spicy Mushroom & Baby corn masala
Mushroom - 200 gms
Baby corn - 100 gms
A few cloves of Garlic chopped
Onion - 1 chopped
Spring onion - 1 bunch
Ginger & garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Red Chilli paste - 2 tsp
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Szechuan red chili sauce - 2 tsp
Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
A few Curry leaves
A few Coriander leaves
1. Take a wide pan add oil, garlic, curry leaves, onion, spring onion & sauté the onion till transparent.
2. After that, add ginger & garlic paste, red chilli paste & mix it. Now add all the sauces one after the another soy sauce, szechuan red chili sauce, tomato ketchup, baby corn, mushroom & mix it.
3. Next add salt, turmeric powder, pepper & mix it. Add spring onion stock and save for it to add at the end.
4. Close the pan with lid for about 15 to 20 minutes, till the vegetables is cook.
5. Before turning off the stove add remaining spring onion stock & mix it.
6. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Jan 6, 2015
- Moderna vaccine 100% effective against COVID; when can you get it
- What COVID-19 patients see before death; ICU doctor simulates last moments [Watch]
- Life-saving machine could improve survival chances of severe COVID patients
- New frog species to be named after Bengaluru city; here's why
- Bird flu hits UK amid rising coronavirus positive cases; infected birds to be culled