Retailers and housebuilders have been hit hard by the failing pound against the US dollar and the Euro.
Nov 2, 2016
In October, a London tribunal ruled that Uber drivers are entitled to basic work benefits such as sick pay and holidays. The move has widely been viewed as a landmark ruling, and the first major challenge to the emerging gig economy in the UK. Uber argue that all their drivers are in fact self-employed, but workers and some unions dispute this, and say the company is trying to avoid paying out costly benefits. Uber currently has 40,000 drivers working in London.
Nov 1, 2016
- These IT firms are banned from applying for US H-1B visas: Report
- Vodafone issues ultimatum to Indian govt: UK media
- Vodafone writes off book value of Indian operation, CEO flags liquidation risk
- Moody's negative outlook rating: Govt says 'India's standing unaffected'
- Billionaire Jeff Bezos now plans to own an NFL team