Researchers at the Grupo Avance laboratory in Chile have developed a substance which may be capable of repelling the Aedes aegypti mosquito and interrupting its reproductive cycle, helping to reduce the transmission of the Zika virus and dengue fever. According to reports, biochemist Mario Reyes created a compound which he says could be added to detergent in a normal clothes wash at home, and this way would protect individuals from being bitten by the mosquito.
Mar 3, 2016
India's top lender moves court seeking arrest of Vijay Mallya, ex-chairman of Diageo company United Spirits
European plane maker Airbus broke ground on its first wide-body completion plant outside of Europe in China on 2 March, while its CEO Fabrice Bregier said he saw no serious impact on the China plane market from slowing economy. Airbus marked the handover of a completion and delivery centre for its wide-body A330 in Beijings neighbouring city of Tianjin, which will be a new addition to its existing assembly plant for A320 planes.
Mar 2, 2016
- Government not to sell Air India, if bids are below minimum floor price: Official
- Sensex falls; Karnataka political situation unnerves market
- Madras High Court halts expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter after protest killings
- India's rank in global competitiveness improves – by one notch; USA returns to top spot
- Top executives at fraud-hit PNB misled RBI, CBI alleges