Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the world, was battered by Hurricane Matthew, the strongest storm over the Atlantic since 2007. Matthew made landfall in Haiti on 4 October. The countrys death toll is over 1,000. To compound the impact of the disaster, Cholera has broken out – a bacterial disease spread by contaminated water.
Oct 10, 2016
Between 2014 and 2015 at least 400 people in India were attacked with acid, with news coverage of such incidents becoming almost a daily occurrence. The Make Love Not Scars organisation aims to help acid attack victims by providing skills and rehabilitation so that they can reintegrate back into society. They have even helped one victim achieve her dream of walking down a runway at New York Fashion Week.
Oct 7, 2016
Shepard Smith told Fox News watchers in Florida that if they did not evacuate from Hurricane Matthew that they would die. While showing viewers the potential path of the hurricane on the green screen, Smith told viewers this moves 20 miles to the west and you and everyone you know are dead. All of you. 1.5 million Floridians have been asked to evacuate after Hurricane Matthew killed at least 280 people in Haiti on its way through the Caribbean.
Oct 7, 2016
- Kerala nun rape case: Jalandhar Bishop Mulakkal arrested in Kochi after intense three-day questioning
- IKEA Hyderabad in big trouble after customer finds bug in chocolate cake
- Injured Jet Airways passenger threatens to upload flight video if demands aren't met
- Mayawati- Ajit Jogi alliance leaves Congress hanging ahead of Chhattisgarh elections
- Alibaba's Jack Ma calls US-China trade frictions a mess, warns of two-decade-long impact
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Bengaluru pips Singapore as top destination for tech companies, startups in Asia
- Trouble mounts for debt-laden Air India as oil companies threaten to stop fuel supply