Japanese carmaker Nissan has revealed plans to secure 7,000 jobs in Britain, after confirming it will build its new Qashqai model at its Sunderland plant. Prime Minister Theresa May called the decision a very important commitment but did not specifically comment on any sweeteners or deals the government has made with Nissan. Late in September, group chief executive Carlos Ghosn warned that the company would need compensation for any tax barriers that might follow in the wake of the UK leaving the European Union.
Oct 27, 2016
Journalist Alastair Campbell and former boxer Frank Bruno both tell of their struggles in a new Channel 5 documentary Me and My Mental Illness being broadcast on Tuesday 1 November at 10pm. It looks at different mental health problems as sufferers speak directly and frankly about their experiences.
Oct 27, 2016
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- US Open champion Naomi Osaka revamps her garage with 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- About 2,400 Indians, mostly from Punjab, detained in US jail for illegal immigration
- Job market to see 4% spurt in FY2019; IT, retail and health to witness robust hiring
- Skill India reality check: 70% of Indian youth don't have idea about govt's skill development programmes
- Jet Airways to sell 6 Boeing 777 aircraft in a bid to fly out of debt turbulence
- Leading equity strategist supports govt in RBI row; says Modi return in 2019 is best scenario
- India hopes to calm fuel price stink with basmati fragrance