Scientists have found out that calcium in our bones regulates the cells that orchestrate bone growth. This finding is important because it could affect treatment for certain conditions such as face deformities – for example, diseases of too little bone growth, such as Treacher Collins Syndrome (TCS). The researchers hope that their efforts to pinpoint the key signals that trigger proper bone growth can help these patients to avoid painful face reconstruction surgeries. One option could be the implantation of a biodegradable matrix seeded with bone cells called chondrocytes, which would then be stimulated to release collagen, the blueprint for bone growth.
Oct 6, 2016
Housing and infrastructure projects are set for a significant boost from UK chancellor Philip Hammond.
Oct 6, 2016
Flipkart, Snapdeal, Amazon Festival Sale: Worst mistakes you would be doing and smart solutions to avoid it
- Kerala nun rape case: Jalandhar Bishop Mulakkal arrested in Kochi after intense three-day questioning
- IKEA Hyderabad in big trouble after customer finds bug in chocolate cake
- Injured Jet Airways passenger threatens to upload flight video if demands aren't met
- Mayawati- Ajit Jogi alliance leaves Congress hanging ahead of Chhattisgarh elections
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal
- Delhi HC rejects plea to disclose formula behind fuel pricing
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- Bengaluru pips Singapore as top destination for tech companies, startups in Asia