Kolkata, Nov 6 (ANI): Cricket fever gripped Kolkata on Wednesday as fans pinned hopes on Indian batting maestro, Sachin Tendulkar who is playing his 199th match at Eden Gardens stadium, as he decided to bring down the curtain on a glorious 24-year international career. Fans hoped that Sachin Tendulkar would make the country proud by making a century against West Indies. Some of the crazy fans painted in colours of the Indian flag, blew conch shells and cheered for their idol. Tendulkar, who made his international debut against Pakistan in 1989 as a 16-year-old, would play 200th Test match at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai against West Indies that is being played between November 14 and 18 before bringing down the curtain on a glorious 24-year international career and retiring from all forms of the game.
Nov 6, 2013
- MS Dhoni did not want Virat Kohli in the team – Former chief selector makes shocking claim
- Gautam Gambhir gets angry because of MS Dhoni - but why?
- BREAKING: IPL 2019 final shifted from Chennai to Hyderabad
- MS Dhoni - India's greatest finisher and a mystery even a movie could not unravel
- World Cup 2019 - Meet the brains behind men who will gun down opposition batsmen