Chennai, Nov 23 (ANI): Father of newly-crowned World Chess Champion praised Viswanathan Anand and said that Magnus Carlsen has learnt a lot from him. Magnus Carlsen became the world champion as Game 10 of the chess championship ended in a draw in Chennai. Father of Magnus Carlsen, Henrik Carlsen expressed happiness and said everything has come out in the best possible way. While talking to the mediapersons after the match, Henrik Carlsen praised Anand and said Magnus had learnt a lot from him.
Nov 23, 2013
Chennai, Nov 23 (ANI): Norwegian challenger Magnus Carlsen became the World Chess Champion after defeating Indian grandmaster and five-time title holder, Viswanathan Anand. While speaking to media persons in Chennai, Carlsen said that he was honoured to play against Anand, who had been the champion for so long. He also spoke about his game during the World Chess Championship. Meanwhile, a visibly disappointed Anand, who for the first time failed to win even a single match in a championship, congratulated Carlsen for his victory.
Nov 23, 2013
49 minutes ago
- Roger Federer: Enjoyed spending time with 'leader' Novak Djokovic at Laver Cup 2018
- ISL 2018-19: ATK team preview – Is the Kolkata squad lethal for season 5?
- Michael Schumacher's son Mick wins 5 consecutive F3 races, leads European Championship
- India vs Afghanistan cricket live stream: Asia Cup 2018 Super Four match TV guide & team news
- Indian Super League 2018-19: Top 5 reasons why ISL season 5 is purely about football