Chennai, Nov 23 (ANI): Father of newly-crowned World Chess Champion praised Viswanathan Anand and said that Magnus Carlsen has learnt a lot from him. Magnus Carlsen became the world champion as Game 10 of the chess championship ended in a draw in Chennai. Father of Magnus Carlsen, Henrik Carlsen expressed happiness and said everything has come out in the best possible way. While talking to the mediapersons after the match, Henrik Carlsen praised Anand and said Magnus had learnt a lot from him.
Nov 23, 2013
Chennai, Nov 23 (ANI): Norwegian challenger Magnus Carlsen became the World Chess Champion after defeating Indian grandmaster and five-time title holder, Viswanathan Anand. While speaking to media persons in Chennai, Carlsen said that he was honoured to play against Anand, who had been the champion for so long. He also spoke about his game during the World Chess Championship. Meanwhile, a visibly disappointed Anand, who for the first time failed to win even a single match in a championship, congratulated Carlsen for his victory.
Nov 23, 2013
Chennai, Nov 22 (ANI): Indian Grandmaster and defending world champion, Viswanathan Anand is possibly losing on his title into the hands of Norwegian grandmaster Magnus Carlsen after he lost game nine of the World Chess Championship to Carlsen. Carlsen, who won the game on Thursday, now leads the 12 match series 6-3 and only needs a draw to claim the title. While speaking to mediapersons in Chennai, Anand did concede that the situation now looks grim for him. The Norwegian defender was also exhausted after the match and admitted he was fortunate to get a win.
Nov 22, 2013
World Chess Championship 2013 Preview: Viswanathan Anand vs Magnus Carlsen, Game 10, Where to Watch Live
Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'30 minutes ago
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan decries 'arrogant' India for cancelling foreign ministers' meet
- Bitcoin scam: ED attaches Rs 42.88 crore worth properties owned by Amit Bhardwaj
- In a first, US researchers discover new genetic disorder in human patient
- New blood test can detect autism risk for pregnant mothers
- Laver Cup 2018 tennis live stream: Europe vs World TV guide, schedule and results
- Asia Cup 2018: Jadeja leaves Pietersen, Laxman awestruck with match-winning show on ODI comeback
- Lee Chong Wei: Malaysia badminton great diagnosed with nose cancer, responding well to treatment
- Why India lost the Test series in England? Rahul Dravid has the answer
- Roger Federer reveals why he is deliberating return to clay-court action in 2019