Japan's soccer chief told the Asian champions that the World Cup quarter-finals should be their minimum target as the players Sunday received a rock star-style send-off from thousands of screaming fans. Duration: 00:57
May 25, 2014
Jalandhar /Meerut, May 25 (ANI): Indian football makers are working fervently to meet the rising demand of balls and merchandise as soccer mania grips the world ahead of FIFA World Cup. A leading force in world cricket, India is ranked just 131st in the FIFA world ranking. But soccer ball manufacturing factories are part of a long tradition in Jalandhar. Jalandhar, the hub of sports goods in India, is witnessing an upsurge in demand as football craziness takes over the cricket-obsessed country. India is not an official exporter of the soccer balls and its nuclear-rival Pakistan bagged the FIFA soccer balls manufacturing contract after World Cup's Chinese supplier Adidas failed to fulfill demand of balls in Rio de Janeiro, but, it is still receiving orders from all over the world to manufacture promotional balls.
May 25, 2014
Arsenal Transfer News: Wenger Looking to Rekindle Interest in Real Madrid Midfielder and Premier League Goalkeeper
Champions League Results: La Decima is Finally a Reality as Real Madrid Beat Atletico Madrid in Extra Time Thriller
2 hours ago
- Andre Russell - Robbie Uthappa is afraid to get out; slams KKR for not being flexible
- SRK has a return gift for Andre Russell; not happy with Kolkata Knight Riders
- Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul punished for Koffee With Karan sexism; to miss World Cup?
- Ajinkya Rahane sacked; Steve Smith takes over as Rajasthan Royals captain
- Virat Kohli saved Dinesh Karthik in World Cup selection meeting but who will save him?