Chennai, Nov 23 (ANI): Father of newly-crowned World Chess Champion praised Viswanathan Anand and said that Magnus Carlsen has learnt a lot from him. Magnus Carlsen became the world champion as Game 10 of the chess championship ended in a draw in Chennai. Father of Magnus Carlsen, Henrik Carlsen expressed happiness and said everything has come out in the best possible way. While talking to the mediapersons after the match, Henrik Carlsen praised Anand and said Magnus had learnt a lot from him.
Nov 23, 2013
Chennai, Nov 23 (ANI): Norwegian challenger Magnus Carlsen became the World Chess Champion after defeating Indian grandmaster and five-time title holder, Viswanathan Anand. While speaking to media persons in Chennai, Carlsen said that he was honoured to play against Anand, who had been the champion for so long. He also spoke about his game during the World Chess Championship. Meanwhile, a visibly disappointed Anand, who for the first time failed to win even a single match in a championship, congratulated Carlsen for his victory.
Nov 23, 2013
22 hours ago
- Trump imposes new tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods
- ISRO's PSLV-C42 launches 2 UK satellites into space making it first ever night launch
- Quick Response: High Court calls Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan's bluff on salary challenge
- Apple iOS 12 release: Key features, list of iPhones, iPads, iPod eligible for new update
- Asia Cup 2018: Tendulkar fan Sudhir didn't have money for UAE trip; Pakistan's Chacha Chicago helps out
- Asia Cup 2018: Rohit impressed with Hong Kong's determination as India survive scare against minnows
- India vs Pakistan: Asia Cup 2018 cricket live stream, TV listings and predicted playing XIs
- Arjuna Awards 2018: Full list of athletes recommended for prestigious honour
- India vs Hong Kong cricket live stream: When and where to watch Asia Cup 2018 Group A match