New Delhi, Dec 03 (ANI): Floral tributes were paid to the first President of India- Dr Rajendra Prasad in the Parliament on his 130th birth anniversary on Wednesday. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Veteran BJP leader LK Advani, Former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and other Parliamentary dignitaries paid floral tribute to Prasad. President Pranab Mukherjee also paid floral tributes to the first President of India on occasion of his 130th birth anniversary at Rashtrapati Bhavan today.
Dec 3, 2014
Thailand: In Another Lese Majeste Conviction, Former MP Gets 2.5 Years in Jail for 'Insulting Monarchy' in Speech
New Delhi, Dec 03 (ANI): The Opposition parties have united in the Parliament demanding the resignation of BJP leader and Union Minister Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti for her condemnable remarks during an election rally. TMC leader Derek O'Brien said that the opposition parties are unitedly demanding the resignation of the union minister as this is election time and she should have been careful about the words to be used. Meanwhile, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu defended her saying that once the Minister has apologized for what she said the opposition should not use it as an issue to disrupt the parliamentary proceedings.
Dec 3, 2014
Rajkot, Dec 3 (ANI): 35 fishermen, who were released by Pakistan three days ago, expressed happiness after they returned home in India. The fishermen had been arrested for illegal fishing in Pakistani waters. One prisoner was arrested for illegally crossing the border. These fishermen were natives form Saurashtra region of Gujarat. One of the organisation working in Pakistan gave all 35 fishermen Pakistan currency worth 10000 rupees (161.600 USD) and a kit which includes a saree, shirt and other household items. Meanwhile, assistant director of fisheries, KP Tandon, said that all the fishermen were looked after well. The fishermen took the golden mail train, which they had to change at another station to board the Saurashtra mail that brought them to Veraval district of Gujarat.
Dec 3, 2014
- Rajasthan Assembly election: Congress set to form govt with majority, says Sachin Pilot
- India vs Australia: Twitter mocks Ravi Shastri for controversial b**ls statement on national television
- Nissan Kicks SUV: Interior, engine specifications and bookings details revealed
- Chhattisgarh landslide: How did BJP lose their seat of power after three straight terms?
- Kashmiri militant, who was neutralised during Mujgund encounter, cameoed in Vishal Bhardwaj's Haider
- Chhattisgarh CM: Here are the front-runners as Congress chooses next leader (VIDEO)
- Thousands of women from Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam trafficked and sold as brides in China
- From luxury yachts to fancy watches, Vijay Mallya no longer owns fabled assets
- Is Pawan Kalyan's friend hiding after Congress' failure in Telangana elections?