Protests against the alleged religious oppression of Tibetan monks and nuns took place internationally on 19 October. Activists claim that monasteries are being destroyed and the people living there forcibly evicted.
Oct 20, 2016
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities
- Paris explosion: Casualties feared after huge blast at bakery
- Sacked CBI director Alok Verma resigns, says natural justice denied
- Theresa May suffers severe defeat over Brexit deal, opposition calls no-confidence vote
- Saudi Arabia to set up oil refinery worth $10 billion in Pakistan