Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the world, was battered by Hurricane Matthew, the strongest storm over the Atlantic since 2007. Matthew made landfall in Haiti on 4 October. The countrys death toll is over 1,000. To compound the impact of the disaster, Cholera has broken out – a bacterial disease spread by contaminated water.
Oct 10, 2016
Morning Brief: Second US presidential debate, British model arrested for ties to Isis, $37 phone from Intex and more
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn spoke at event marking the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Cable Street. The 1936 battle saw 20,000 anti-fascist demonstrators clashs with Oswald Mosleys British Union of Fascists and officers from the Metropolitan Police Service who were protecting them. Around 2,000 people, including members from the Jewish and Irish communities, were present at todays event.
Oct 9, 2016
A video has emerged showing the bombing of a Yemeni funeral hall, led by Saudi Arabian jets. According to local health officials, more than 140 people were killed in the attack. They were attending a wake for the father of the administration’s interior minister, Jalal al-Roweishan. The Ministry of Health said that more than 450 people were killed. Unconfirmed eyewitness reports state that senior Houthi officials, including the mayor of Sanaa, were present in the funeral hall during the air strikes
Oct 9, 2016
12 hours ago
- Aliens lived on Mars? UFO researcher spots fossil-like structure on NASA image
- Legislation introduced in US Congress to protect work authorisation of H-1B spouses
- Aliens or Illuminati? Conspiracy theorists allege outlandish causes behind California fire
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- North Korea 'tests high-tech new weapon,' Kim Jong Un 'excited' about its power