Science & Health
Two astronauts, Jing Haipeng and Chen Dong, have entered the lab to begin a 30-day stay, spending a total of 33 days in space, the longest yet for China. Advancing Chinas space programme is a priority for Beijing, aiming to have a more permanent space station and the possibility for manned trips to the Moon and Mars as well as operating the worlds largest radio telescope.
Oct 19, 2016
Chinkara poaching cases: Rajasthan govt approaches Supreme Court over acquittal of Salman Khan, wants him to surrender
As part of the Iraqi governments offensive on Mosul, Iraqi Kurdish military forces have started to clear several villages held by Islamic State. Some 30,000 Iraqi government forces, Kurdish Peshmerga militia and Sunni tribal fighters are expected to take part in the offence to drive up to 8,000 Islamic State militants out of Mosul. If Mosul falls, Raqqa in Syria will be Islamic States last city stronghold.
Oct 17, 2016
- Twitter storm rages over US President Donald Trump's Diwali tweet
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- US Open champion Naomi Osaka revamps her garage with 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- After artificial moon, China develops artificial Sun, and it is hotter than our 'real Sun'
- Approaching dark matter hurricane will collide with earth, predict scientists
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- Researcher issues massive earthquake alert ahead of rare planetary alignment