Science & Health
New Delhi is dealing with serious levels of smog this winter, especially since Diwali celebrations on 30 October. The official data shows that the haze that has covered the Indian capital in the past one week is the worst in nearly 20 years. It has forced the city government to go for several desperate measures, including shutting down schools for three days. It is also considering bringing back the odd-even car rationing scheme in an attempt to bring down the pollution levels.
Nov 8, 2016
Hundreds of snowballs ranging from the size of a tennis ball to over a metre wide appeared on Russian beaches last week (3 November). Excited residents posted videos on social media of the rare phenomenon.
Nov 7, 2016
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Existence of alien life is something we can never cover up, says NASA official