US lawmakers called on Wednesday (18 November) for even tighter scrutiny of Syrian refugees fleeing to the United States as last weeks deadly Paris attacks recast Americas debate over immigration and national security, prompting a sharp rebuke from President Barack Obama, who said attempts to block entry were offensive and contrary to American values.
Nov 18, 2015
British spies are developing an offensive cyber capability to attack terrorists, hackers and rogue states, finance minister George Osborne said on Tuesday (17 November) after warning Islamic State (IS) militants wanted to launch deadly cyber-attacks of their own. Osborne said IS fighters were trying to develop the ability to attack Britains infrastructure such as hospitals and air traffic control systems with potentially lethal consequences. In response to this threat and others, Britain was creating its own offensive cyber capability so spies could launch counter attacks, he said.
Nov 17, 2015
BJP calls Congress leaders Mani Shankar Aiyar, Salman Khurshid Isis propagandists for criticising PM Narendra Modi
11 hours ago
- Selena Gomez birthday: What's The Weeknd's plan for the former flame?
- Why do people believe outlandish conspiracy theories and obvious hoaxes?
- End of the road for Julian Assange? Embassy planning to withdraw asylum
- Xiaomi Mi A2, A2 Lite Global Launch: Quick facts on upcoming Android One series phones
- After saying women shouldn't pluck and shape eyebrows, Darul Uloom issues fatwa against waxing and shaving
- UFO researcher spots bizarre flying object in the skies, and it is not meteor
- Bengaluru student accuses Bigg Boss 11 contestant Bandgi Kalra of cheating him via fake iPhone X ad on Instagram
- Manipur University standoff: Students and staff relentless in agitation against Vice Chancellor
- Passports of 8 NRI husbands cancelled for dumping their wives