Republican front-runner Donald Trump easily won New York states presidential nominating contest on 19 April, moving closer to capturing enough delegates to win the nomination and avoid a contested convention in July. The New York City billionaires big victory in his home state gave him renewed momentum in the Republican race and pushed him closer to the 1,237 delegates needed to win the nomination.
Apr 20, 2016
President Barack Obama said in an interview broadcast on 18 April that the United States is providing more support to Iraq as its military moves to take back territory from Islamic State (Isis), and he expects the city of Mosul will be retaken eventually.
Apr 19, 2016
Protest has seen the environmentalists target a monument to war hero Sir Winston Churchill.
Apr 18, 2016
Crowd cheers as lower house decides to impeach Rousseff
Apr 18, 2016
- Depressed techie jumps to death from 13th floor in Bengaluru IT park
- Pulwama attack: Protests take a violent turn in Jammu; Curfew imposed after CRPF tragedy
- India swiftly gets tough with Pakistan, revokes 'most favoured nation' status
- Emergency to be declared over Mexican border wall soon?
- 'Gully Boy' in politics? BJP, Congress release rap inspired videos of leaders