French President François Hollande said, on 1 December, he would not run for a second term in office during the presidential election in 2017. It is the first time in decades that an incumbent French president has not sought re-election but Hollande is the most unpopular president on record.
Dec 2, 2016
Patrick Lloyd McCrory is an American politician and the 74th Governor of North Carolina – and has been in office since 2013. He has been making headlines in recent weeks after losing the election to rival Attorney General Roy Cooper on 8 November and is refusing to concede, referring to the vote as fraudulent.
Dec 3, 2016
Pranab Mukherjee, Suresh Prabhu, Karunanidhi and other leaders wish for Jayalalithaa's speedy recovery
Austria’s polling stations have closed following the presidential elections on 4 December. The first projection put independent candidate Alexander Van der Bellen at 53.6%, ahead of far-right Freedom Party’s Norbert Hofer with 46,4%. 6.4 million Austrians were asked to cast their vote again following the annulment of the first election in April because of irregularities in the postal votes.The final election results are expected within the next two days.
Dec 4, 2016
Jayalalithaa critical after suffering cardiac arrest, back in emergency ward and on extracorporeal membrane heart assist device
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Govt wants Telangana to return Rs 190 cr after it fails to meet PM's housing targets
- #MeToo: MJ Akbar returns to India; will issue statement on sexual harassment allegations
- Rafale deal row: Modi govt 'insulted, hurt and destroyed' future of HAL, says Rahul Gandhi
- ICC keen on curbing players' participation in T20 leagues to keep bilateral series alive
- #MeToo: I was stripped at 7, gang-raped at 12, tasted my own blood performing oral sex, reveals Harish Iyer
- US immigration body faces lawsuit over short-duration H-1B visas, some as less as 12 days
- Uttar Pradesh: Girl raped in hospital by ward boy on pretext of running medical tests
- India leads the world with #MeToo mentions overtaking US, finds new study
- Gurugram shooter attacked judge's wife and son on refusal to visit his sick daughter