Following the impeachment of South Korean president Park Geun-hye protesters marched to her office demanding her immediate resignation. The president was impeached by parliament the previous day.The Constitutional Court now has 180 days to decide if the motion should be upheld.
Dec 10, 2016
Evening wrap: Trump on H-1B visa holders, Sushma Swaraj's kidney transplant, the next probable Miss World, and more
This is how PM Modi and Rajnath Singh replied to Rahul Gandhi's remarks on demonetisation and disruption in Parliament
Gina Miller, the investment banker who challenged the governments right to trigger Article 50 without a vote in parliament has described her experience of the Supreme Court hearing this week. Following death threats against her, Miller reportedly spend £60,000 on security to protect herself.
Dec 9, 2016
Evening wrap: Rahul Gandhi warns of earthquake in Parliament, Andaman tourist rescue, SRK's menacing look in Raees, and more
Indian army 'coup' controversy: Parrikar slams Mamata for comments that 'affect morale of India's armed forces'
The South Korean parliament voted to impeach President Park Geun-hye on 9 December over a corruption scandal. 234 lawmakers of the 300-strong National Assembly voted to suspend Park’s powers, and Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-anh will become acting President. South Korea’s Constitutional Court will decide whether to carry the motion, but if it does, Park would become South Korea’s first democratically elected leader to be removed from office.
Dec 9, 2016
Controversial Dutch anti-Islamist and anti-immigrant Geert Wilders convicted of inciting discrimination
Uttar Pradesh Elections: UP Education Board to conduct Class X, XII exams from Feb 16 to Mar 20; dates likely to clash with polls
1 day ago
- India vs West Indies: Shimron Hetmeyer scores hundred to hand hosts a tough chase
- End of 'Good Times'? Embattled tycoon Vijay Mallya might lose swanky London mansion
- Delhi sees a dramatic dip in murders and thefts; police claim a 20-75% drop in crime rate
- Uttar Pradesh: Monkeys stone man to death; victim's family files FIR against them
- India's stinging reply to Imran Khan's Kashmir tweet: Stop 'glorifying terrorists'
- Who is Noor Inayat Khan? Indian-origin spy and World War II hero may feature on £50 note
- Kim Jong Un has splurged $4 billion on luxury goods since he assumed office, what did he buy?
- Uttar Pradesh on high alert for Zika virus; AAI to monitor passengers showing symptoms
- Are India's super-rich and teeming tribe of millionaires paying all their taxes?