UK Prime Minister Theresa May has defended making trade deals with Saudia Arabia and Bahrain, despite them being under fire from human rights groups. Speaking on 6 December on HMS Ocean in Bahrain, she said that if Britain was going to influence Gulf leaders and improve human rights in the area, they needed to be engaging with them. Theresa May is in the Gulf to strengthen trade talks post-Brexit, and to also oversee measures to improve security to help tackle terrorism in the area.
Dec 6, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump has been awarded Time Person of the Year for 2016. Time magazine honours those that have the biggest political and/or cultural impact throughout that year. The divisive Trump has also divided Twitter with some in horror, others supporting the decision, but many just making jokes about The Donald winning.
Dec 7, 2016
Evening wrap: President Pranab Mukherjee rebukes MPs, Duck Tales returns, Anushka Sharma talks marriage, and more
Petition urging PM Modi to make national anthem mandatory before online porn videos on XVideo website has hundreds of backers!
Mamata flight controversy: DGCA orders IndiGo, Air India and SpiceJet to suspend 6 pilots over delayed landing
After President-elect Donald Trump’s victory, defence companies’ share prices soared.
Dec 7, 2016
- End of 'Good Times'? Embattled tycoon Vijay Mallya might lose swanky London mansion
- Delhi sees a dramatic dip in murders and thefts; police claim a 20-75% drop in crime rate
- Uttar Pradesh: Monkeys stone man to death; victim's family files FIR against them
- Khabib vs Mayweather venue: Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium to host potential superfight?
- Cloaking technology? Clouds shaped like alien UFO mothership spotted in California skies
- Sabarimala: Activist Rehana Fathima kicked out of Muslim organisation for hurting devotees' sentiments
- HAL a white elephant? MoD report reveals startling cost spike when fighter jets are made in India
- 7,500 Indians who own prime properties in Dubai under IT scanner
- Govt will take 'big and bold' decisions on country's security: PM Modi