Video games reporter Ben Skipper runs down the biggest gaming stories from the past seven days.
May 20, 2017
On 24 May, Blizzards hit shooter Overwatch celebrates its first anniversary and to celebrate the gaming giant is releasing a GOTY edition with bonus goodies, its making the game free-to-play for an entire weekend and its kicking off the games next live event. The exact details of that event have not yet been announced, but in the meantime Blizzard has shared this video offering an overview of the games successful first year.
May 18, 2017
Developer Milestone and sport media company Dorna has announced that MotoGP 17 is making the jump into eSports with its first ever eSport Championship.Seven time trial events will take place this summer, coinciding with real world races on the MotoGP calendar, with those who qualify making it to a livestreamed grand final in Valencia this November. This years event will be exclusive to PS4. MotoGP 17 will be released on 15 June for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
May 17, 2017
Ubisoft announces Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, Assassin's Creed Origins and South Park; full details revealed
Baby Groot stars in the announcement teaser for Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, set for release in November on PS4, Xbox One and PC, and sometime before Christmas on Nintendo Switch. Developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros Interactive, Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 follows the hugely successful 2013 original with a time-travelling story set to star the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and many more, as they battle Marvel supervillain Kang the Conquerer.With four-player local competitive and co-op play, the family-friendly action game is set to be one of the most successful of the year.
May 15, 2017
50 minutes ago
- Bill Cosby sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for sexual assault; a #MeToo victory
- Aadhaar verdict: Judges rule that Aadhaar is constitutionally valid but with a few changes
- Infamous Bellandur lake in Bengaluru spews 10-foot high toxic foam
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida for 'leaking sensitive information'
- Samsung Galaxy A7 with triple-camera makes official debut in India: Launch offers, price and more
- Ola launches real-time passenger safety system Guardian in India
- Samsung Galaxy A7(2018) set for debut in India: Five key features you should know
- Airtel is giving 1.4GB data per day, unlimited calls for a year for free on one condition
- Motorola Moto One Power Android One series with massive battery debuts in India: Quick facts