Mumbai, Nov 9 (ANI): The Children's Film Society of India (CFSI) announced to launch the National Children's Film Festival (NCFF) in a bid to expose youngsters to global cinema. CFSI is an autonomous body under India's Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, founded in 1955, which has been working towards promoting children's films across the globe. The three-day festival will kick start on November 14 at Siri Fort Auditorium in New Delhi, on the occasion of Children's Day celebrated to commemorate the birthday of India's first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru. Films made in India or made by Indian filmmakers will be showcased in the festival. Kumar also said that another aim of this festival was to celebrate childhood through films. The theme for the inaugural edition of NCFF will be ‘Swachhta' (Cleanliness), falling in line with the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan (Clean India Mission) launched nationwide by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi last month. The festival will also see various other workshops to be held for children including those for film making, dance and music. Bollywood actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Sonakshi Sinha, Ajay Devgan and Salman Khan have come forward to promote the festival.
Nov 9, 2014
'Bigg Boss 8': Salman Calls Gautam a 'Hero'; Will Puneet be Evicted This Week? Watch Live Stream Online
'Orange Is the New Black' Season 3 Spoilers: Daya to Give Birth to John Bennett's Baby, Show to Take Time Leap
Sarah Hyland's Controversial Tweet Sends Fans into a Frenzy; Is Matthew Prokop Missing 'Modern Family' Star?
Twenty-five years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, Germany's leaders have failed hundreds of ex-athletes whose health was ruined by former East Germany's doping programme, says an ex-sprinter trying to help them. Duration: 01:12
Nov 8, 2014
- #MeToo: Union Minister MJ Akbar to have 6 lawyers and not 97, confirms law firm
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Govt wants Telangana to return Rs 190 cr after it fails to meet PM's housing targets
- #MeToo: MJ Akbar returns to India; will issue statement on sexual harassment allegations
- Rafale deal row: Modi govt 'insulted, hurt and destroyed' future of HAL, says Rahul Gandhi
- Aravinda Sametha full movie leaked online: Free download to affect its box office collection
- #MeToo: Pooja Mishra accuses Salman Khan, his brothers of raping her; claims Shatrughan Sinha used black magic
- 96 box office collection: Vijay Sethupathi's film overpowers Aravinda Sametha in Chennai
- Vinod Dua-Nishtha Jain #MeToo row: Mallika Dua called 'hypocrite' for saying she will stand by her father
- Aravinda Sametha 4-day box office collection: NTR film beats Rangasthalam, BAN as highest grosser in 1st weekend