It requires no punditry to see that re-election is difficult when /if petrol costs Rs 100 a litre. If the RBI raises rates further to arrest the rupee's fall it will add another layer of misery to the people. Will Narendra Modi pull off an odds-defying performance?
Sep 12, 2018
UN chief linked corruption to many forms of instability and violence, such as the illicit trafficking of weapons, drugs, and people, and noted that connections between corruption, terrorism and violent extremism have been repeatedly recognised by the Security Council and the General Assembly. Corruption costs $ 2.6 trillion, or five per cent of the global GDP.
Sep 11, 2018
- From luxury yachts to fancy watches, Vijay Mallya no longer owns fabled assets
- Rajasthan Assembly election: Congress set to form govt with majority, says Sachin Pilot
- India vs Australia: Twitter mocks Ravi Shastri for controversial b**ls statement on national television
- Nissan Kicks SUV: Interior, engine specifications and bookings details revealed
- IMF chief economist throws his weight behind Narendra Modi
- Kotak Mahindra Bank takes RBI to court over promoter holding norm; shares tank
- Global cues, political uncertainties suppress Indian equity indices
- Global stocks extend slump as global growth worries mount
- Sensex surges 600 points; Trust in Modi's return in 2019 fuelling markets?