A man who attacked two police officers with a hammer in West Sussex has been jailed for life. Jamshid Piruz injured one officer on the neck when police responded to a break-in. The officers discharged three Tasers at Piruz, which failed to control him. The Afghani-born Dutch citizen had previously been jailed after slitting a woman’s throat in the Netherlands. He came to the UK to visit relatives and missed his flight home.
Jan 14, 2017
A woman has been arrested for stealing a baby from a hospital in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1998. Gloria Williams allegedly posed as a nurse and took the infant from her mother’s hospital room. 18-year-old Kamiyah Mobley grew up believing Williams was her birth mother.She has defended her abductor, saying she is not a felon.
Jan 14, 2017
Pakistan army has abducted hundreds of Pashtun women to use them as sex slaves: Separatist Pashtun leader Umar Daud Khattak
Mental stress, frustration over leave can't be why CISF constable killed 4 colleagues in Bihar, say senior officials
Jessica Lall murder case: Convict Manu Sharma granted parole to complete LLB course and marriage registration
Bengaluru mass molestation aftermath: Men protest for being branded rapist; Bengaluru being called Rape City
Kerala college student death: Cry for justice for Jishnu resonates across the state; 'concentration camps' in the colleges slammed
- Researcher claims he found UFO on moon's Waterman crater, seeks Elon Musk's attention
- Two dead as under-construction building collapses in Karnataka's Dharwad
- BJP announces seat-sharing for Lok Sabha elections in Bihar; will join hands with JD(U) and LJP
- Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena announces 3rd list for Lok Sabha elections in Andhra Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh horror: Minor girl gang-raped, beheaded by brothers, uncle