Mumbai, May 16 (ANI): The BSE Sensex on Friday touched a life high of 25,033.36 in trade while the Nifty hit a new record high of 7,459.40, as early vote counts in the general elections showed the BJP led NDA leading. The partially convertible rupee was trading at 58.80 per dollar by 9:39am after hitting as much as 58.71. With billions of dollars at stake the outcome of the high-octane elections are critical to decide on investment decisions.
May 16, 2014
New Delhi, May 14 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 56.11 points down to stand at 23,815.12. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 1.60 points down to stand at7,108.75. Indian Bank and Canara Bank were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 11.73% and 11.05% along with TV18 Broadcast and Central Bank with an increase of 10.68% and 10.37% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Bajaj Finance Limited and Future Retail with a decrease of 4.35% and 3.85% along with Mahindra & Mahindra and Dr Reddys Lab with a decrease of 3.51% and 3.17% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 3.60 points at 14,172.20 while the banking sector is up 49.94 points at 16,256.42 and the realty sector is up 63.44 points at 1,532.10. The Indian currency is up 0.00% at Rs 59.68 per dollar.
May 14, 2014
20 minutes ago
- BigBasket partners with Uber for last-mile delivery in Bengaluru, Noida, Hyderabad and Chandigarh
- Post lockdown, Indian aviation sector to take a phased approach of opening up travel gates
- Government steeply slashes interest rate for small saving schemes, PPF to give 7.1% return
- Questioning accuracy of India's GDP growth rate projections: Should you believe the numbers?
- Explained: Coronavirus impact on auto, aviation, tourism and other industries in India