Kerala and Uruguay: One Weeds Out Alcohol, Other Welcomes Marijuana - Both in the Name of Societal Benefits
New Delhi, August 22 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 59.44 points up to stand at 26,419.55. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 22.10 points up to stand at 7,913.20. Financial Technologies (India) Ltd. and UPL were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 5.00% and 4.56% along with UNIONBANK and Jubilant Food Works Ltd with an increase of 3.69% and 3.43% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include BHUSHAN STEEL LTD. and JAIPRAKASH ASSOCIATES LTD. with a decrease of 4.97% and 3.98% along with SOBHA and MMTC with a decrease of 3.90% and 3.78% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 13.62 points at 17,034.27 while the banking sector is up 199.03 points at 18,114.53 and the reality sector is down 16.49 points at 1,821.03. The Indian currency is down 0.3% at Rs 60.49 per dollar.
Aug 22, 2014
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 5.15%, real GDP growth revised to 5%
- No need for speed: Why Indigo is telling its pilots to stop pushing its new Jet SE engine to limit?
- Pay Day-Pay Day! HDFC Bank Online Services Down
- RBI to make sixth interest rate cut, but will it help boost the economy?
- Govt committed to attract investments through more reforms, says FM Sitharaman