After a year which saw an explosion of Dengue fever infections, Thailand is bracing itself for an even worse 2016 with experts warning the number of infections may be on par with the 1987 mega-outbreak. Thailand recorded some 140,000 cases of infection last year, with 126 deaths, the highest number since the 170,000 cases of the 1987 crisis.
Jan 28, 2016
Edmund Shing explains why you should be looking to invest in construction company Galliford Try.
Jan 27, 2016
Apple forecast its first revenue drop in 13 years on 27 January and reported the slowest-ever increase in iPhone shipments as the critical Chinese market showed signs of cooling down. Despite this, the company reported revenue of $18.37bn (Â£12.83, â‚¬16.91) from Greater China, accounting for 24.2% of total revenue. Revenue from the region nearly doubled in the fourth quarter. Avneesh Saxena, Vice President of DCI Asia/Pacific, said Apple had performed well in the current economic state, but that the company will have to continue to be innovative if they want to keep their edge.
Jan 27, 2016
The mosquito-borne Zika virus could be linked to 4,000 suspected cases of microcephaly in Brazil including 49 deaths, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on 26 January. Brazil has reported 3,893 suspected cases of microcephaly, the WHO said on 22 January, over 30 times more than in any year since 2010 and equivalent to 1-2 percent of all new-borns in the state of Pernambuco, one of the worst-hit areas.
Jan 26, 2016
- Bitcoin scam: ED attaches Rs 42.88 crore worth properties owned by Amit Bhardwaj
- Amid Rafale spat, Dassault Aviation confirms Anil Ambani was its first choice
- India, Australia attempt to rescue Navy commander stranded in ocean storm
- End of American dream for Indian spouses? Trump admin likely to revoke H-4 visas within 3 months
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- New IRDAI rules stipulate Rs 15 lakh protection in motor accidents
- Fitch upgrades India's growth forecast for FY19 to 7.8%
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Trouble mounts for debt-laden Air India as oil companies threaten to stop fuel supply