The mosquito-borne Zika virus could be linked to 4,000 suspected cases of microcephaly in Brazil including 49 deaths, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on 26 January. Brazil has reported 3,893 suspected cases of microcephaly, the WHO said on 22 January, over 30 times more than in any year since 2010 and equivalent to 1-2 percent of all new-borns in the state of Pernambuco, one of the worst-hit areas.
Jan 26, 2016
Why you should not fear over plummeting Chinese stock market.
Jan 26, 2016
British taxpayers will join forces with Microsoft tycoon Bill Gates and fund a Â£3bn programme whose aim is to eradicate malaria within decades.
Jan 25, 2016
4 hours ago
- Aadhaar verdict: Justice Chandrachud's scathing dissent note will set tone for future debates
- Bill Cosby sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for sexual assault; a #MeToo victory
- Aadhaar verdict LIVE: Judges rule that Aadhaar is constitutionally valid but with a few changes
- Infamous Bellandur lake in Bengaluru spews 10-foot high toxic foam
- Heavy job cuts in telecom sectors; Reliance Jio comes to rescue
- Reliance Jio shows impressive growth in customer addition; attracts rural customers
- TCS sued by 3 US citizens over employment discrimination
- Ready to splurge Rs 123 crore? World's 'most expensive' pair of shoes will be yours
- Wary finance ministry nudges RBI to tackle worsening credit crunch